round table(redirected from round-table)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
Related to round-table: Knights of the Round Table
1. often round table A conference or discussion involving several participants.
2. Round Table
a. In Arthurian legend, the circular table of King Arthur and his knights.
b. The knights of King Arthur considered as a group.
a. a meeting of parties or people on equal terms for discussion
b. (as modifier): a round-table conference.
1. (European Myth & Legend) (in Arthurian legend) the table of King Arthur, shaped so that his knights could sit around it without any having precedence
2. (European Myth & Legend) Arthur and his knights collectively
3. (Commerce) one of an organization of clubs of young business and professional men who meet in order to further social and business activities and charitable work
4. (Social Welfare) one of an organization of clubs of young business and professional men who meet in order to further social and business activities and charitable work
5. (Commerce) (in New Zealand) an organization of businessmen supporting policies of the New Right
6. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) (in New Zealand) an organization of businessmen supporting policies of the New Right
1. a number of persons gathered together for a conference or a discussion of some subject on equal terms.
2. the conference itself.
3. (cap.) a table, made round to avoid quarrels as to precedence, at which King Arthur and his knights sat.Also, round′ta`ble (for defs. 1,2).
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||round table - a meeting of peers for discussion and exchange of views; "a roundtable on the future of computing"|
|2.||Round Table - (legend) the circular table for King Arthur and his knights|