skullcap(redirected from s. galericulata)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Encyclopedia.
a. A light, close-fitting, brimless cap.
b. A yarmulke.
2. Any of various plants of the genus Scutellaria of the mint family, having clusters of two-lipped flowers.
1. (Clothing & Fashion) a rounded brimless hat fitting the crown of the head
2. (Zoology) the nontechnical name for calvaria
3. (Plants) any of various perennial plants of the genus Scutellaria, esp S. galericulata, that typically have helmet-shaped flowers: family Lamiaceae (labiates)
1. a small, brimless, close-fitting cap, often made of silk or velvet, worn on the crown of the head.
3. the domelike roof of the skull.
4. any of various plants belonging to the genus Scutellaria, of the mint family, having a calyx resembling a helmet.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||skullcap - rounded brimless cap fitting the crown of the head|
cap - a tight-fitting headdress
coif - a skullcap worn by nuns under a veil or by soldiers under a hood of mail or formerly by British sergeants-at-law
|2.||skullcap - a herbaceous plant of the genus Scutellaria which has a calyx that, when inverted, resembles a helmet with its visor raised|
|3.||skullcap - the dome of the skull|