sanguineous(redirected from sanguineousness)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia.
1. Relating to or involving blood or bloodshed.
2. Having the color of blood; blood-red.
[From Latin sanguineus, from sanguis, sanguin-, blood.]
1. of, containing, relating to, or associated with blood
san•guin•e•ous(sæŋˈgwɪn i əs)
1. of, pertaining to, or containing blood.
2. of the color of blood.
3. involving much bloodshed.
4. sanguine; confident.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||sanguineous - accompanied by bloodshed; "this bitter and sanguinary war"|
bloody - having or covered with or accompanied by blood; "a bloody nose"; "your scarf is all bloody"; "the effects will be violent and probably bloody"; "a bloody fight"