Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Chemistry The point at which a substance will receive no more of another substance in solution.
2. The point at which no more can be absorbed or assimilated.
1. the point at which no more (people, things, ideas, etc) can be absorbed, accommodated, used, etc
2. (Chemistry) chem the point at which no more solute can be dissolved in a solution or gaseous material absorbed in a vapour
1. a point at which some capacity is at its fullest limit.
2. the point at which a substance will receive no more of another substance in solution, chemical combination, etc.
The point at which a substance can receive no more of another substance in solution under given conditions.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||saturation point - (chemistry) the stage at which a substance will receive no more of another substance in solution or in a vapor|
dew point - the temperature at which the water vapor in the air becomes saturated and condensation begins
chemical science, chemistry - the science of matter; the branch of the natural sciences dealing with the composition of substances and their properties and reactions
saturation - a condition in which a quantity no longer responds to some external influence