mousseline(redirected from sauce mousseline)
Also found in: Encyclopedia.
Related to sauce mousseline: Sauce hollandaise
1. A fine sheer fabric resembling muslin, often made of silk, rayon, cotton, or wool.
2. A hollandaise sauce to which whipped cream has been added.
3. An aspic containing whipped cream.
[French; see muslin.]
1. (Textiles) a fine fabric made of rayon or silk
2. (Ceramics) a type of fine glass
3. (Cookery) short for mousseline sauce
[C17: French: muslin]
1. a sauce or dish containing whipped cream or beaten egg whites.
2. any of various sheer, lightweight fabrics made of natural or synthetic yarns and having a crisp hand.
[1695–1705; < French: literally, muslin]