Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A flavorful liquid or semisolid condiment or mixture of ingredients served as a topping or other accompaniment to food.
2. Stewed fruit, usually served with other foods.
3. Something that adds zest, flavor, or piquancy.
4. Informal Impudent speech or behavior; impertinence or sauciness.
5. Slang Alcoholic liquor.
tr.v. sauced, sauc·ing, sauc·es
1. To season or flavor with sauce.
2. To add piquancy or zest to.
3. Informal To be impertinent or impudent to.
[alter. of soused]