Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
Related to sawed: Sawed off shotgun
top to bottom: compass saw, backsaw, and crosscut saw
Any of various tools, either hand-operated or power-driven, having a thin metal blade or disk with a sharp, usually toothed edge, used for cutting wood, metal, or other hard materials.
v. sawed, sawed or sawn (sôn), saw·ing, saws
1. To cut or divide with a saw.
2. To produce or shape with a saw: sawed a hole in the board.
3. To make back-and-forth motions through or on: a speaker who saws the air with his arms.
1. To use a saw: sawing along the chalk line.
2. To undergo cutting with a saw: Pine wood saws easily.
A familiar saying, especially one that has become trite through repetition. See Synonyms at saying.
Past tense of see1.
having been cut with a saw