Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to schuss: shush
intr.v. schussed, schuss·ing, schuss·es
1. To make a fast straight downhill run on skis or a snowboard.
2. Informal To ski, especially at a fast pace.
1. A fast straight downhill run in skiing or snowboarding.
2. A straight steep course for skiing or snowboarding.
(Skiing) a straight high-speed downhill run
(Skiing) (intr) to perform a schuss
1. a straight downhill ski run at high speed.v.i.
2. to execute a schuss.v.t.
3. to schuss over.
[1935–40; < German; c. shot1]
schuss- A straight downhill ski run, it is literally German for "a shot."
See also related terms for shot.
Past participle: schussed