Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to scrapper: Web scraper
1. A small piece or bit; a fragment.
2. scraps Leftover bits of food.
3. Discarded waste material, especially metal suitable for reprocessing.
4. scraps Crisp pieces of rendered animal fat; cracklings.
tr.v. scrapped, scrap·ping, scraps
1. To break down into parts for disposal or salvage: scrap an old stove.
2. To discard or abandon as useless; cancel: scrap a plan.
intr.v. scrapped, scrap·ping, scraps
To fight, usually with the fists.
A fight or scuffle. See Synonyms at brawl.
[Perhaps variant of scrape.]
a person who fights or gets into scraps
Informal. pugnacious, person.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||scrapper - someone who fights (or is fighting)|
individual, mortal, person, somebody, someone, soul - a human being; "there was too much for one person to do"
brawler - a fighter (especially one who participates in brawls)
butter - a fighter who strikes the opponent with his head
gladiator - (ancient Rome) a professional combatant or a captive who entertained the public by engaging in mortal combat
gouger - an attacker who gouges out the antagonist's eye
mauler - a fighter who batters the opponent; "Jack Dempsey was called a mauler"
skirmisher - someone who skirmishes (e.g., as a member of a scouting party)
tough, street fighter - someone who learned to fight in the streets rather than being formally trained in the sport of boxing