screwball(redirected from screwballs)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms.
1. Baseball A pitched ball that curves in the direction opposite to that of a normal curve ball.
2. Slang An eccentric, impulsively whimsical, or irrational person.
Impulsively whimsical; eccentric: That screwball proposal won't work.
an odd or eccentric person
odd; zany; eccentric
1. Slang. an eccentric or wildly whimsical person; a kook.
2. a pitched baseball that veers toward the side from which it was thrown, counter to the motion of a curve ball.adj.
3. Slang. eccentric or whimsical: screwball ideas.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||screwball - a whimsically eccentric person|
|2.||screwball - a pitch with reverse spin that curves toward the side of the plate from which it was thrown|
|Adj.||1.||screwball - foolish; totally unsound; "a crazy scheme"; "half-baked ideas"; "a screwball proposal without a prayer of working"|
colloquialism - a colloquial expression; characteristic of spoken or written communication that seeks to imitate informal speech
impractical - not practical; not workable or not given to practical matters; "refloating the ship proved impractical because of the expense"; "he is intelligent but too impractical for commercial work"; "an impractical solution"