seamed(redirected from seamedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
a. A line of junction formed by sewing together two pieces of material along their margins.
b. A similar line, ridge, or groove made by fitting, joining, or lapping together two sections along their edges.
c. A suture.
d. A scar.
2. A line across a surface, as a crack, fissure, or wrinkle.
3. A thin layer or stratum, as of coal or rock.
v. seamed, seam·ing, seams
1. To put together with or as if with a seam.
2. To mark with a groove, wrinkle, scar, or other seamlike line.
To become fissured or furrowed; crack open.
1. literary wrinkled; indented
2. (Clothing & Fashion) having a seam
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||seamed - having or joined by a seam or seams|
seamless - not having or joined by a seam or seams; "seamless stockings"
|2.||seamed - (used especially of skin) marked by lines or seams; "their lined faces were immeasurably sad"; "a seamed face"|