Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
[Middle English semester, from Old English sēamestre : sēam, seam; see seam + -estre, feminine agent suff.]
(Knitting & Sewing) a person who sews
1. a person whose occupation is the making, mending, or altering of clothes, esp. suits, coats, and other outer garments.v.t.
2. to make by tailor's work.
3. to fashion or adapt to a particular taste, purpose, need, etc.: tailoring the news to government specifications.
4. to fit or furnish with clothing.v.i.
5. to do the work of a tailor.