Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. The return of relative ease of breathing after the initial exhaustion that occurs during continued physical exertion.
2. Restored energy or strength.
1. (Physiology) the return of the ability to breathe at a comfortable rate, esp following a period of exertion
2. renewed ability to continue in an effort
1. the return of ease in breathing after exhaustion caused by continued physical exertion, as in running.
2. the energy for a renewed effort to continue an undertaking.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||second wind - renewed energy or strength to continue an undertaking; "She had dinner and got a second wind to finish painting"; "the employers, initially taken by surprise at the pace of developments, regained their second wind"|
|2.||second wind - the return of relatively easy breathing after initial exhaustion during continuous exertion|