seller(redirected from sellers' markets)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Idioms.
1. One that sells; a vendor.
2. An item that sells in a certain way: This washing machine has been an excellent seller.
1. a person who sells
2. an article to be sold: this item is always a good seller.
3. (Horse Racing) short for selling race
1. a person who sells.
2. an article considered with reference to its sales: a poor seller.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||seller - someone who promotes or exchanges goods or services for money|
booking clerk, ticket agent - someone who sells tickets (e.g., theater seats or travel accommodations)
cosmetician - someone who sells or applies cosmetics
flower girl - a woman who sells flowers in the street
fruiterer - a person who sells fruit
hawker, packman, peddler, pedlar, pitchman - someone who travels about selling his wares (as on the streets or at carnivals)
selling agent - someone who sells goods (on commission) for others
dealer - a seller of illicit goods; "a dealer in stolen goods"
underseller - a seller that sells at a lower price than others do; "he went all over town looking for undersellers"
→ Verkäufer(in) m(f); you should take faulty goods back to the seller → du solltest fehlerhafte Ware (zum Händler) zurückbringen