Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to sequencer: MIDI sequencer
One that sequences, as:
a. An electronic device or software program that can be instructed to order and modify digitally stored musical sounds for playback, as through a synthesizer.
b. An apparatus for determining the order of constituents in a biological polymer, usually DNA or protein. In this sense also called sequenator.
1. (Electronics) an electronic device that determines the order in which a number of operations occur
2. (Computer Science) an electronic device that sorts information into the required order for data processing
3. (Music, other) a unit connected to a synthesizer, which is capable of memorizing sequences of notes
se•quenc•er(ˈsi kwən sər)
1. a device for the automatic determination or regulation of a sequence.
2. a device that can sequence nucleic acids or protein.
3. an electronic device or software program that digitally stores sound for modification and playback through a synthesizer.
4. a woman engaged in sequencing.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||sequencer - (chemistry) an apparatus that can determine the sequence of monomers in a polymer|
biochemistry - the organic chemistry of compounds and processes occurring in organisms; the effort to understand biology within the context of chemistry
|2.||sequencer - computer hardware that sorts data or programs into a predetermined sequence|