Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to severable: severable contract
1. Capable of being severed or separated.
2. Law Capable of being separated into legally distinct rights or obligations that can be enforced independently, as in a contract where not all promises must be performed before legal action can be taken to enforce some portion.
1. able to be severed
2. (Law) law capable of being separated, as a clause in an agreement: a severable contract.
sev•er•a•ble(ˈsɛv ər ə bəl, ˈsɛv rə-)
1. capable of being severed.
2. Law. separable or capable of being treated as separate from a whole legal right or obligation.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||severable - capable of being divided or dissociated; "often drugs and crime are not dissociable"; "the siamese twins were not considered separable"; "a song...never conceived of as severable from the melody";|
divisible - capable of being or liable to be divided or separated; "even numbers are divisible by two"; "the Americans fought a bloody war to prove that their nation is not divisible"