Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Idioms, Wikipedia.
v. Vulgar Slang
A past tense and a past participle of shit.
taboo a past tense and past participle of shit
n., v. shit or shat, shit•ting,
interj. Vulgar Slang. n.
1. excrement; feces.
2. an act of defecating; evacuation.
3. the shits, diarrhea.
4. lies, exaggeration, or nonsense.
5. something inferior or worthless.
6. anything at all; the least thing (usu. used in the negative): He doesn't know shit.
7. a mean, contemptible person.
8. narcotic drugs, esp. heroin or marijuana.
9. possessions; stuff.v.i.
10. to defecate.v.t.
11. to exaggerate or lie to.interj.
12. (used to express disgust, disappointment, or the like.)Idioms:
get one's shit together, to get organized; pull oneself together.
[before 1000; (v.) variant (with short i from past participle or n.) of earlier shite, Middle English shiten, Old English -scītan; compare Middle Low German, Middle Dutch schiten (Dutch schijten), Old High German skīzan (German scheissen); (n.) re-formation from the v., or continuation of Old English scite (in place names)]