Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. The part of a shirt that extends below the waist, especially in the back.
2. A brief addition at the end of a newspaper article.
1. Very young: shirttail kids.
2. Of little value; inadequate or small: a shirttail cabin in the woods.
1. the part of a shirt below the waistline.adj.
2. immature in behavior.
3. Midland U.S. of distant relation, esp. by marriage.v.t.
4. to append or add (an item) to a discussion or writing.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||shirttail - a brief addendum at the end of a newspaper article|
appendix - supplementary material that is collected and appended at the back of a book
|2.||shirttail - fabric forming the tail of a shirt|
cloth, fabric, textile, material - artifact made by weaving or felting or knitting or crocheting natural or synthetic fibers; "the fabric in the curtains was light and semitransparent"; "woven cloth originated in Mesopotamia around 5000 BC"; "she measured off enough material for a dress"
shirt - a garment worn on the upper half of the body