Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. A shiny finish put on a pair of shoes by brushing and buffing with polish.
2. The act or an instance of putting a shiny finish on shoes.
1. the act or an instance of polishing a pair of shoes
2. the appearance or shiny surface of polished shoes
1. an act or instance of cleaning and polishing a pair of shoes.
2. the surface of a polished shoe or shoes.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||shoeshine - a shiny finish put on shoes with polish and buffing; "his trousers had a sharp crease and you could see your reflection in his shoeshine"|
|2.||shoeshine - the act of shining shoes; "he charged a dollar for a shoeshine"|