Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. One that shoots, especially:
a. A person who shoots a firearm.
b. A person on a sports team who attempts to score goals by shooting.
2. A firearm having a specific number of chambers for bullets. Used in combination: six-shooter.
3. A large marble used for shooting.
4. A small mixed drink, often served in a shot glass and consumed quickly.
1. a person or thing that shoots
2. (Firearms, Gunnery, Ordnance & Artillery) slang a gun
3. (Cricket) cricket a ball that unexpectedly travels low on pitching
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||shooter - a large marble used for shooting in the game of marbles|
marble - a small ball of glass that is used in various games
|2.||shooter - a person who shoots (usually with respect to their ability to shoot); "he is a crack shot"; "a poor shooter"|
expert - a person with special knowledge or ability who performs skillfully
trapshooter - a person who engages in shooting at clay pigeons that are hurled into the air by a trap
|3.||shooter - a gambler who throws dice in the game of craps|
gambler - a person who wagers money on the outcome of games or sporting events
|4.||shooter - (sports) a player who drives or kicks a ball at the goal (or a basketball player who shoots at the basket)|
|5.||shooter - a professional killer who uses a gun|