Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Idioms, Wikipedia.
1. See lockout.
2. Sports A game in which one side does not score.
1. (Industrial Relations & HR Terms) a less common word for a lockout. See lock out3
2. (General Sporting Terms) sport a game in which the opposing team does not score
vb (tr, adverb)
3. to keep out or exclude
4. to conceal from sight: we planted trees to shut out the view of the road.
5. (General Sporting Terms) to prevent (an opponent) from scoring
1. an act or instance of shutting out.
2. the state of being shut out.
a. a preventing of the opposite side from scoring, as in baseball.
b. any game in which one side does not score.