Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Material, such as boards or shingles, used for surfacing the outside walls of a frame building.
2. A short section of railroad track connected by switches with a main track.
1. (Railways) a short stretch of railway track connected to a main line, used for storing rolling stock or to enable trains on the same line to pass
2. (Railways) a short railway line giving access to the main line for freight from a factory, mine, quarry, etc
3. (Building) US and Canadian material attached to the outside of a building to make it weatherproof
1. a short railroad track opening onto a main track at one or both ends.
2. Also called weatherboard. any of several varieties of weatherproof facing for frame buildings.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||siding - a short stretch of railroad track used to store rolling stock or enable trains on the same line to pass|
|2.||siding - material applied to the outside of a building to make it weatherproof|
building material - material used for constructing buildings