Also found in: Thesaurus, Financial, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
silk-screenalso silk·screen (sĭlk′skrēn′)
1. A stencil method of printmaking in which a design is imposed on a screen of silk or other fine mesh, with blank areas coated with an impermeable substance, and ink is forced through the mesh onto the printing surface. Also called screenprinting, silk-screen process.
2. A print made by this method.
1. (Crafts) a screen used in the screen process of printing
2. (Crafts) a print made by this process
(Crafts) (tr) to print via the screen process
1. Also called silk′screen proc`ess. a printmaking technique in which a mesh cloth is stretched over a heavy wooden frame and the design, painted on the screen by tusche or affixed by stencil, is printed by having a squeegee force color through the pores of the material in areas not blocked out by a glue sizing.
2. a print made by this technique.v.t.
3. to print by silkscreen.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||silkscreen - a print made using a stencil process in which an image or design is superimposed on a very fine mesh screen and printing ink is squeegeed onto the printing surface through the area of the screen that is not covered by the stencil|
print - a picture or design printed from an engraving
|Verb||1.||silkscreen - print by silkscreen|
artistic creation, artistic production, art - the creation of beautiful or significant things; "art does not need to be innovative to be good"; "I was never any good at art"; "he said that architecture is the art of wasting space beautifully"
print - make into a print; "print the negative"