Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
a. One that skids: a sports car that was a real skidder.
b. One that makes use of a skid.
2. A heavy, four-wheel tractor used to haul logs, especially over rugged terrain.
1. (Forestry) a vehicle used for skidding logs
2. (Forestry) a lumberman who skids logs
1. a person or thing that skids or employs a skid.
2. a type of four-wheel tractor equipped with a grapple, used to haul logs or timber, esp. over rough terrain.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||skidder - a person who slips or slides because of loss of traction|
individual, mortal, person, somebody, someone, soul - a human being; "there was too much for one person to do"
snowboarder - someone who slides down snow-covered slopes while standing on a snowboard
|2.||skidder - a worker who uses a skid to move logs|
worker - a person who works at a specific occupation; "he is a good worker"
|3.||skidder - a tractor used to haul logs over rough terrain|
tractor - a wheeled vehicle with large wheels; used in farming and other applications