Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. A short, usually comic dramatic performance or work; a theatrical sketch.
2. A short humorous or satirical piece of writing.
1. (Theatre) a brief satirical theatrical sketch
2. (Literary & Literary Critical Terms) a short satirical piece of writing
3. a trick or hoax
[C18: related to earlier verb skit to move rapidly, hence to score a satirical hit, probably of Scandinavian origin; related to Old Norse skjóta to shoot]
1. a short literary piece of a humorous or satirical character.
2. a short theatrical scene or act, usu. comical.
3. a gibe or taunt.
[1720–30; of obscure orig.]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||skit - a short theatrical episode|