slam dunk(redirected from slam dunks)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
1. Basketball A dramatic forceful dunk shot.
2. Slang Something that is easy to accomplish or certain to occur: a case that the prosecutor saw as a slam dunk.
1. (Basketball) basketball a scoring shot in which a player jumps up and forces the ball down through the basket
2. informal a task so easy that success in it is deemed a certainty
3. (Basketball) basketball to jump up and force (a ball) through a basket
4. (tr) informal US to defeat decisively
a forceful, often dramatic dunk shot in basketball.
slam′ dunk`er, n.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||slam dunk - something that is a sure to occur; a foregone conclusion; "predicting his success was a slam dunk"|
|2.||slam dunk - a forceful dunk|