Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms.
adv. & adj. Slang
1. With force and much noise: drove slam-bang through the barricade; a slam-bang collision.
2. With heedless speed; slapdash.
3. With vigorous relentless action and pace: a thriller that proceeds slam-bang to its conclusion; a slam-bang movie car chase.
1. another word (esp US) for slap-bang
2. informal US carelessly; recklessly
1. with noisy violence.
2. quickly and carelessly; slapdash.adj.
3. noisy and violent.
4. excitingly fast-paced, esp. in a noisy and violent way: a slam-bang movie.
6. outstanding; excellent.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||slam-bang - violent and sudden and noisy; "a slam-bang collision"|
jargon, lingo, patois, argot, vernacular, slang, cant - a characteristic language of a particular group (as among thieves); "they don't speak our lingo"
violent - acting with or marked by or resulting from great force or energy or emotional intensity; "a violent attack"; "a violent person"; "violent feelings"; "a violent rage"; "felt a violent dislike"
|Adv.||1.||slam-bang - in a careless or reckless manner; "the shelves were put up slapdash"|
|2.||slam-bang - with heedless speed; "yachts ran slap-bang into the convoy at 15 knots an hour"|
|3.||slam-bang - in a violent or sudden or noisy manner; "the pans fell slam-bang and woke the whole house"|