slurred(redirected from slurredly)
Also found in: Thesaurus.
tr.v. slurred, slur·ring, slurs
1. To pronounce indistinctly.
2. To talk about disparagingly or insultingly.
3. To pass over lightly or carelessly; treat without due consideration.
a. To glide over (a series of notes) smoothly without a break.
b. To mark with a slur.
5. Printing To blur or smear.
1. A disparaging remark; an aspersion.
2. A slurred utterance or sound.
a. A curved line connecting notes on a score to indicate that they are to be played or sung legato.
b. A passage played or sung in this manner.
4. Printing A smeared or blurred impression.
[Probably from Middle English sloor, mud.]
indistinct and difficult to hear or understand