Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to snow line: wind
1. The lower altitudinal boundary of a snow-covered area, especially of one that is perennially covered, such as the snowcap of a mountain.
2. The fluctuating latitudinal boundaries around the polar regions marking the extent of snow cover.
(Physical Geography) the altitudinal or latitudinal limit of permanent snow
1. the line, as on mountains, above which there is perpetual snow.
2. the latitudinal line marking the limit of the fall of snow at sea level.
1. The boundary marking the lowest altitude at which a given area, such as the top of a mountain, is always covered with snow.
2. The boundary marking the furthest extent around the polar regions at which there is snow cover. The polar snow lines vary with the seasons.