Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
1. Frozen precipitation consisting of hexagonally symmetrical ice crystals that form soft, white flakes.
2. A falling of snow; a snowstorm.
3. Something resembling snow, as:
a. The white specks on a television screen resulting from weak reception.
b. Slang Cocaine.
c. Slang Heroin.
v. snowed, snow·ing, snows
To fall as or in snow.
1. To cover, shut off, or close off with snow: We were snowed in.
2. Slang To overwhelm with insincere talk, especially with flattery.
1. To overwhelm: I was snowed under with work.
2. To defeat by a very large margin.