Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Wikipedia.
adj. soup·i·er, soup·i·est
1. Having the appearance or consistency of soup.
2. Informal Foggy: soupy weather.
3. Informal Sentimental.
adj, soupier or soupiest
1. having the appearance or consistency of soup
2. informal chiefly US and Canadian emotional or sentimental
adj. soup•i•er, soup•i•est.
1. resembling soup.
2. very thick; dense: a soupy fog.
3. overly sentimental.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||soupy - having the consistency and appearance of soup; "a soupy fog"|
thick - relatively dense in consistency; "thick cream"; "thick soup"; "thick smoke"; "thick fog"
|2.||soupy - effusively or insincerely emotional; "a bathetic novel"; "maudlin expressions of sympathy"; "mushy effusiveness"; "a schmaltzy song"; "sentimental soap operas"; "slushy poetry"|
hokey, kitschy, maudlin, mawkish, schmaltzy, schmalzy, bathetic, sentimental, slushy, soppy, mushy, drippy
emotional - of more than usual emotion; "his behavior was highly emotional"