Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
n. pl. spic·er·ies
1. Spices considered as a group.
2. The aromatic or pungent quality of spices.
3. Obsolete A place where spices are stored.
n, pl -eries
1. (Cookery) spices collectively
2. (Cookery) the piquant or fragrant quality associated with spices
3. (Cookery) obsolete a place to store spices
spic•er•y(ˈspaɪ sə ri)
n., pl. -er•ies for 3.
2. spicy flavor or fragrance.
3. Archaic. a storeroom for spices.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||spicery - the property of being seasoned with spice and so highly flavored|
taste property - a property appreciated via the sense of taste
raciness, pungency, sharpness, bite - a strong odor or taste property; "the pungency of mustard"; "the sulfurous bite of garlic"; "the sharpness of strange spices"; "the raciness of the wine"