spree(redirected from spreeing)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia.
A river, about 400 km (250 mi) long, of eastern Germany rising near the Czech border and flowing generally north to the Havel River at Berlin.
1. A sudden indulgence in or outburst of an activity: a shopping spree; a crime spree.
2. A carefree, lively outing.
1. a session of considerable overindulgence, esp in drinking, squandering money, etc
2. a romp
[C19: perhaps changed from Scottish spreath plundered cattle, ultimately from Latin praeda booty]
1. a period or bout of indulgence, as of a craving or whim: an eating spree; a spending spree.
2. a binge; carousal.
3. a period or outburst of activity.
[1795–1805; orig. uncertain]
a river in E Germany, flowing N through Berlin to the Havel River. 220 mi. (354 km) long.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||spree - a brief indulgence of your impulses|
spending spree - a brief period of extravagant spending
|Verb||1.||spree - engage without restraint in an activity and indulge, as when shopping|
to go on a spree → faire la fête spending spree