Also found in: Thesaurus, Acronyms, Wikipedia.
tr.v. spritzed, spritz·ing, spritz·es
1. To squirt or spray a liquid on (something): spritzed me with the hose.
2. To squirt or spray (a liquid) on something.
A quick squirt or spray, as of carbonated water.
to spray with liquid
1. an act of spraying liquid
2. (in a drink) the quality of being fizzy
1. to spray briefly and quickly; squirt.n.
2. a brief spray; squirt.
[1915–20, Amer.; < German spritzen to squirt, spray]
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||spritz - a quick squirt of some liquid (usually carbonated water)|
|Verb||1.||spritz - eject (a liquid) quickly; "spritz water on a surface"|
|2.||spritz - cover (a location) wholly or partially by squirting a liquid onto it; "Spritz the lawn with water"|
cover - provide with a covering or cause to be covered; "cover her face with a handkerchief"; "cover the child with a blanket"; "cover the grave with flowers"