squint-eyed(redirected from squint-eyedly)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical.
Related to squint-eyedly: concomitant strabismus, cocked eye
1. Affected with strabismus.
2. Looking with narrowed or squinting eyes.
3. Looking askance, as in envy.
1. (Pathology) having a squint
2. looking sidelong
1. affected with or characterized by strabismus.
2. looking obliquely or askance, as with malice or envy.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||squint-eyed - affected by strabismus|
|2.||squint-eyed - (used especially of glances) directed to one side with or as if with doubt or suspicion or envy; "her eyes with their misted askance look"- Elizabeth Bowen; "sidelong glances"|
indirect - not direct in spatial dimension; not leading by a straight line or course to a destination; "sometimes taking an indirect path saves time"; "you must take an indirect course in sailing"