Also found in: Thesaurus, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
stand·upor stand-up (stănd′ŭp′)
1. Standing erect; upright: a standup collar.
2. Taken, done, or used while standing: a standup supper; a standup bar.
3. Of or designating a performer who stands alone on a stage, as in a nightclub, and delivers a comic monologue.
4. Slang Courageous and steadfast: a standup guy.
1. standing erect or upright, as a collar.
2. taken, requiring, or performed in a standing position.
a. (of a comedian) delivering a comic monologue while standing alone in front of an audience or camera.
b. (of comedy, a monologue, etc.) delivered or deliverable by such a comedian.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||stand-up - requiring a standing position; "a stand-up bar"; "a stand-up comic"|