Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Lacking originality, creativity, or individuality.
2. Conforming to a social norm; conventional.
3. Of or relating to stereotypy: stereotyped behavior.
4. Printing Printed or reproduced from stereotype plates.
1. lacking originality or individuality; conventional; trite
2. (Printing, Lithography & Bookbinding) reproduced from or on a stereotype printing plate
ster•e•o•typed(ˈstɛr i əˌtaɪpt, ˈstɪər-)
fixed or settled in form; lacking freshness or originality; hackneyed; conventional.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||stereotyped - lacking spontaneity or originality or individuality; "stereotyped phrases of condolence"; "even his profanity was unimaginative"|
conventional - unimaginative and conformist; "conventional bourgeois lives"; "conventional attitudes"