stinker(redirected from stinkers)
Also found in: Thesaurus, Idioms, Encyclopedia.
1. One that stinks.
a. An irritating, disgusting, or contemptible person.
b. Something very difficult: The interview was a real stinker.
c. One that is of poor quality or is shoddy: a new sitcom that was quite a stinker.
1. a person or thing that stinks
2. slang a difficult or very unpleasant person or thing
3. slang something of very poor quality
4. (Animals) informal any of several fulmars or related birds that feed on carrion
1. a person or thing that stinks.
2. Informal. a mean or despicable person; louse.
3. Informal. something, esp. some form of entertainment, of inferior quality.
4. Informal. something difficult: a stinker of a puzzle.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||stinker - a person who is deemed to be despicable or contemptible; "only a rotter would do that"; "kill the rat"; "throw the bum out"; "you cowardly little pukes!"; "the British call a contemptible person a `git'"|
|2.||stinker - anything that gives off an offensive odor (especially a cheap cigar)|
thing - an entity that is not named specifically; "I couldn't tell what the thing was"
|3.||stinker - an artifact (especially an automobile) that is defective or unsatisfactory|
colloquialism - a colloquial expression; characteristic of spoken or written communication that seeks to imitate informal speech