Also found in: Medical, Wikipedia.
a. A southern African deciduous tree (Ocotea bullata) having wood with an unpleasant odor.
b. The hard, heavy wood of this tree, used in cabinetwork.
2. Any of several trees having wood with an unpleasant odor.
1. (Forestry) any of various trees having offensive-smelling wood, esp Ocotea bullata, a southern African lauraceous tree yielding a hard wood used for furniture
2. (Forestry) the heavy durable wood of any of these trees
3. (Plants) Also called (NZ): hupiro a New Zealand shrub or small tree, Coprosma foetidissima, whose leaves give off an unpleasant smell when they are crushed
1. any of several trees yielding fetid wood, esp. a South African tree, Ocotea bullata, of the laurel family.
2. the wood of any of these trees.