stoichiometric(redirected from stoicheiometric)
Also found in: Medical.
1. Calculation of the quantities of reactants and products in a chemical reaction.
2. The quantitative relationship between reactants and products in a chemical reaction.
stoi′chi·o·met′ric (-ə-mĕt′rĭk) adj.
1. (Chemistry) concerned with, involving, or having the exact proportions for a particular chemical reaction: a stoichiometric mixture.
2. (Chemistry) (of a compound) having its component elements present in the exact proportions indicated by its formula
3. (Chemistry) of or concerned with stoichiometry
[C19: see stoichiometry]
|Adj.||1.||stoichiometric - of or relating to stoichiometry|