Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to stored: Stored procedure
1. A place where merchandise is offered for sale; a shop.
2. A stock or supply reserved for future use: a squirrel's store of acorns.
3. stores Supplies, especially of food, clothing, or arms.
4. A place where commodities are kept; a warehouse or storehouse.
5. A great quantity or number; an abundance.
tr.v. stored, stor·ing, storesIdiom:
1. To reserve or put away for future use.
2. To fill, supply, or stock.
3. To deposit or receive in a storehouse or warehouse for safekeeping.
4. Computers To copy (data) into memory or onto a storage device, such as a hard disk.
1. Forthcoming: great trouble in store for her.
2. In reserve; stored.
[Middle English stor, supply, from Old French estor, from estorer, to build, from Latin īnstaurāre, to restore; see stā- in Indo-European roots.]