Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to storied: storeyed
1. Celebrated or famous in history or story: the storied journey of the Mayflower.
2. Ornamented with designs representing scenes from history, legend, or story: storied tapestry.
Having or consisting of a specified number of stories. Often used in combination: a three-storied house; a multistoried office building.
1. recorded in history or in a story; fabled
2. (Art Terms) decorated with narrative scenes or pictures
sto•ried1(ˈstɔr id, ˈstoʊr-)
1. recorded or celebrated in history or story.
2. ornamented with designs representing historical, legendary, or similar subjects.
sto•ried2(ˈstɔr id, ˈstoʊr-)
having stories (often used in combination): a two-storied house.Also, esp. Brit.,sto′reyed.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||storied - having an illustrious past|
glorious - having or deserving or conferring glory; "a long and glorious career"; "our glorious literature"
|2.||storied - having stories as indicated; "a six-storied building"|
combining form - a bound form used only in compounds; "`hemato-' is a combining form in words like `hematology'"
high-rise - used of buildings of many stories equipped with elevators; tall; "avenues lined with high-rise apartment buildings"