strappy(redirected from strappier)
a. A long narrow strip of pliant material such as leather.
b. Such a strip equipped with a buckle or similar fastener for binding or securing objects.
2. A thin flat metal or plastic band used for fastening or clamping objects together or into position.
3. A narrow band formed into a loop for grasping with the hand.
4. A razor strop.
5. A strip of leather used in flogging.
tr.v. strapped, strap·ping, straps
1. To fasten or secure with a strap.
2. To beat with a strap.
3. To sharpen (a razor, for example).
[Alteration of strop.]
adj, -pier or -piest
(Clothing & Fashion) (of clothes) having prominent straps: strappy sandals .