Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Idioms, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
1. Resulting from deliberation and careful thought: a studied decision.
2. Lacking spontaneity; contrived: a studied smile.
3. Learned; knowledgeable.
1. carefully practised, designed, or premeditated: a studied reply.
2. an archaic word for learned
1. marked by conscious effort; not spontaneous: studied simplicity.
2. carefully deliberated: a studied approval.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||studied - produced or marked by conscious design or premeditation; "a studied smile"; "a note of biting irony and studied insult"- V.L.Parrington|
studiedpret, ptp of study
adj (= carefully considered) reply → (gut) durchdacht, wohlüberlegt; simplicity → bewusst, ausgesucht; prose, style → kunstvoll; (= deliberate) → berechnet; calm, politeness → gewollt; insult → beabsichtigt, bewusst; avoidance → sorgfältig; pose → einstudiert; elegance → gekünstelt; voice → gewählt; to maintain a studied silence → wohlüberlegt schweigen