Also found in: Medical, Wikipedia.
1. Adapted for sucking or clinging by suction: a suctorial organ.
2. Having organs or parts adapted for sucking or clinging.
1. (Biology) specialized for sucking or adhering: the suctorial mouthparts of certain insects.
2. (Biology) relating to or possessing suckers or suction
[C19: from New Latin suctōrius, from Latin sūgere to suck]
suc•to•ri•al(sʌkˈtɔr i əl, -ˈtoʊr-)
1. adapted for sucking or suction, as an organ; functioning as a sucker for imbibing or adhering.
2. having sucking organs; imbibing or adhering by suckers.
|Adj.||1.||suctorial - adapted for sucking or clinging by suction|