Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
Related to supercharged: turbocharger
1. Increased in power, as by adding a supercharger: a supercharged engine.
2. Highly energetic; dynamic: a new supercharged head of the school.
3. Full of excitement or emotional tension: a supercharged atmosphere before the meeting.
1. (Mechanical Engineering) mechanical engineering (of an internal-combustion engine or car) having increased the air intake pressure with a supercharger; boosted
2. (of an atmosphere, a remark, etc) with an excess amount of tension, emotion, etc
3. (General Physics) physics (of a fluid) pressurized
Switch to new thesaurus
|Adj.||1.||supercharged - (of e.g. an engine) having the power increased by fitting with a supercharger|
powered - (often used in combination) having or using or propelled by means of power or power of a specified kind; "powered flight"; "kerosine-powered jet engines"
|2.||supercharged - fraught with great emotion; "an atmosphere charged with excitement"; "an emotionally charged speech"|
emotional - of more than usual emotion; "his behavior was highly emotional"