Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Wikipedia.
1. Surplus; excess.
2. An excess of words; verbiage.
3. Law Words or allegations in a legal document or pleading that do not have any legal value.
1. (Law) law (in pleading, etc) irrelevant matter, such as a superfluous allegation
2. an excess of words
3. a less common word for surplus
sur•plus•age(ˈsɜr plʌs ɪdʒ)
1. something that is surplus; an excess amount.
2. an excess of words, esp. in pleading a case.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||surplusage - a quantity much larger than is needed|