Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. A box in which something, such as hides or fruit, is fermented by sweating.
2. Slang A confined place where a person sweats, especially:
a. An interrogation room.
b. A prison cell used for special punishment.
1. (Agriculture) a device for causing tobacco leaves, fruit, or hides to sweat
2. (Agriculture) a very small pen or cubicle where a pig is fattened intensively
3. (Law) informal chiefly US a narrow room or cell for a prisoner
4. informal any place where a person sweats on account of confinement, heat, etc
1. a sauna or other enclosure for sweating.
2. any uncomfortably warm room or place.
3. a box or cell in which a prisoner is confined as punishment.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||sweatbox - small or narrow cell|
|2.||sweatbox - a device that causes tobacco leaves or fruit or hides to sweat|
device - an instrumentality invented for a particular purpose; "the device is small enough to wear on your wrist"; "a device intended to conserve water"