Also found in: Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. A tropical American tree (Annona squamosa) widely cultivated for its yellowish-green fruit with sweet edible pulp.
2. The fruit of this tree. In both senses also called sugar apple.
nAlso: sugar apple or custard apple
1. (Plants) a small West Indian tree, Annona squamosa, having yellowish-green fruit: family Annonaceae
2. (Cookery) the fruit of this tree, which has a sweet edible pulp
[C19: so called because of the flavour and consistency of its pulp]
1. a sweet, pulpy fruit having a thin, tuberculate rind, borne by a tropical American tree or shrub, Annona squamosa, of the annona family.
2. the tree or shrub. Also called sugar apple.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||sweetsop - tropical American tree bearing sweet pulpy fruit with thick scaly rind and shiny black seeds|
annon, sugar apple, sweetsop - sweet pulpy tropical fruit with thick scaly rind and shiny black seeds
|2.||sweetsop - sweet pulpy tropical fruit with thick scaly rind and shiny black seeds|
custard apple - the fruit of any of several tropical American trees of the genus Annona having soft edible pulp