Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Wikipedia.
intr.v. sym·pa·thized, sym·pa·thiz·ing, sym·pa·thiz·es
1. To feel or express compassion, as for another's suffering; commiserate.
2. To share or understand the feelings or ideas of another: sympathized with the goals of the committee.
3. To be in accord; correspond.
sym•pa•thiz•er(ˈsɪm pəˌθaɪ zər)
1. a person who is in approving accord with a cause or person: a communist sympathizer.
2. a person who sympathizes.
Switch to new thesaurus
|Noun||1.||sympathizer - commiserates with someone who has had misfortune|
communicator - a person who communicates with others
Job's comforter - someone whose comfort is actually discouraging
|2.||sympathizer - someone who shares your feelings or opinions and hopes that you will be successful|
bleeding heart - someone who is excessively sympathetic toward those who claim to be exploited or underprivileged
fellow traveler, fellow traveller - a communist sympathizer (but not a member of the Communist Party)